Sunday, June 2, 2013

Module 3 – Python Fundamentals I


In Module 3 we were tasked with an assignment that would require to use methods and functions in Python to manipulate strings and lists and perform basic math within the program.  The above screen shot shows the final results of the assignment. The end result required us to print our last name and a number equal three times the number of characters in our last name.

This assignment was frustrating and took a lot of finagling, but when I finally has success I got the biggest sense of relief.

A couple of things I learned to look out for was making sure to delete any symbols and excess failed scripts. (<<<, ..., and the heading in python). I got stuck at this point for a fair amount of time, but managed to figure things out with the help of some discussion postings from fellow classmates.




No comments: